(last revised November 30, 2018)
Information we collect and how did we get that information
When you visit one of our web pages, create an account with us, enter a sweepstakes or contest, download an e-book, or contact us for support or other offerings, we collect information that identifies you. Some of this information identifies you personally (such as name) and other is non-personal (such as your activity on our website). The following is a general list of the types of information we collect:
- Contact Information: If you are a customer of our services, we will collect general contact information that you provide to us. This includes: your name, shipping address, email address, telephone number and, where applicable, your company name.
- Payment Information: When we provided a fee-based service for you, we will collect the following information that you provide to us: billing address and credit card information.
- Login Information: If you are a member or customer or our services, we will collect your user id (e-mail address) and password.
- Online Identifiers: When you access our web pages, we obtain your Internet Protocol address, browser user agent, and your device id.
- Data Trackers, Including Cookies and Web Beacons: We collect information on
- what pages you access or visit;
- user-specific information on what pages you access or visit;
- information you volunteer, such as survey information and/or site registrations;
- bandwidth use;
- referral source;
- operating system;
- mobile carrier (where applicable); and
- system and connection performance.
How do we use the information we collect about you?
We use contact information, including email addresses, to communicate with you if you are a customer of our services. This helps us to carry out the services you request from us and to notify you about updates to our web pages, products and policies, and marketing releases. When you subscribe to our fee-based services, we use this contact information, as well as payment information, for billing purposes and to carry out your requested services.
More Information On Data Trackers:
- To show whether you have visited a web page previously;
- To store your preferences;
- To show how you navigate around a web page and the most commonly clicked links on a specific web page;
- To gather certain technical information, such as your browser version and operating system; and
- To estimate and report how many different users are on our websites.
Web beacons (sometimes called “tracking pixels”, “transparent GIFs”, “clear GIFs”, “pixel gifs”, or “pixel tags”) are tiny, invisible images that are embedded on web pages and emails and are stored on a your hard drive. They help us to count users who visit our web sites or open our emails. Tracking pixels help us figure out if certain features, notifications, and products or services are effective and if they can be improved. You can modify your browser settings to control web beacons.
As a part of our efforts to carry out and improve our services to you and to monitor and improve the functions of our websites, we may also undertake profiling or automated individual decision-making. Automated individual decision-making refers to a decision made solely on the basis of automated processing of your personal data, without human involvement. For instance, we may process personal information using an algorithm or a software code. Profiling is automated processing of personal data to evaluate certain information collected about an individual. We conduct profiling and automated decision-making to better understand your interests and preferences and to adapt our communications to your user profile. You can address any questions or concerns about this practice by contacting us.
Do we share your personal information?
Lime Light works with companies that help us run our business. From time to time, we need to share some of your personal information with these companies so that they can perform requested services. They can only access your personal information to carry out the tasks we have asked them to do. They are required to hold this information in confidence. And they must meet both legal and industry standards to ensure that your data is protected. We may share your personal information with service providers, business partners, or other third parties.
Sharing Information with Service Providers
Lime Light may share information about our visitors and/or customers with our contracted service providers so that these service providers can provide services on our behalf.
- We work with companies who help us: host our services and data, manage how our services function, host our customer relationship management, improve and automate our marketing techniques, incorporate customer service and other software platforms, process payments, collect delinquent accounts, fulfill, process and deliver orders, and market and promote products and services, including by email.
- These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide the requested services to us. Without limiting the foregoing, Lime Light may also share information about visitors, members, and/or customers with our service providers to ensure the quality of information provided. Without your permission, LimeLight does not share, sell, rent, or trade any information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
Sharing Information with Other Third Parties
We and our advertisers may collect information about you using cookies and web beacons. You can control the collection of such information using cookies and web beacons by adjusting the settings on your web browser.
- We also work with partners to create programs that help you to get the most out of our services and provide you the opportunity to purchase complementary products and services that may be used in tandem with our services.
- We may disclose your information to one or more trusted partners so they can help you or offer you complementary or value-added products and services. In each case, the trusted partner will confirm they will (1) hold your information in confidence, and (2) not use it for any purpose except for the purposes described above. We will only provide such information with your prior consent.
Sharing Information to Provide Reviews or Testimonials
Sharing Information in Connection with a Company Sale or Transfer
Sharing Information – Compelled Disclosure
Sometimes, we are required to use or disclose information provided if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
Is my personal information secure?
We use reasonable and diligent efforts to maintain accurate information on our customers and have adopted and implemented reasonable industry standard security procedures to protect any such information collected against the loss, misuse or alteration. We constantly monitor our systems, which are protected using industry-standard security measures. Although we will use reasonable efforts to secure network communications and our websites, we cannot guarantee that the information submitted to, maintained on, or transmitted from our systems will be completely secure.
When You Use Widgets Listed on Our Web Pages
A widget is a small application with limited functions. It can be installed and used within a web page. It occupies a portion of a webpage and does something useful with information fetched from other websites. We may provide widgets on our web pages so you can share information on third-party platforms. Our web pages may also include social media features, such as the Facebook® or Twitter® button and similar widgets and interactive mini-programs that run on our site. The companies running those widgets may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable their widget to function properly. Social media widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our web pages. Since these other parties have their own privacy policies—and your use of their widgets is governed by their policies—we encourage you to review the privacy statements for the companies running those widgets.
Third Party Sites
Our websites may contain links to third party websites. Please note that the privacy and other policies of any such third-party website may differ materially from this Policy. We strongly recommend that customers review the privacy policies of any such third party prior to submitting personally identifiable information. Lime Light has no control over and is not responsible for the information practices of other websites, including those to which we may link and those which may link to us.
Where do you store my personal information?
Your personal information and files are stored on Lime Light servers and the servers of companies we hire to provide services to us. Your personal information may be transferred across national borders because we have servers located worldwide and the companies we hire to help us run our business are located in different countries.
How long will you keep my personal information?
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with the product and services you have requested and as needed to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our agreements.
Will you transfer my personal information across national borders?
We primarily store information about our visitors, members, and customers in the United States. However, we may transfer your personal information across national borders to other countries in compliance with applicable laws. If you are a European resident, we transfer your data based on one or more of the following legal mechanisms: Standard Contractual Clauses.
What access do I have to the personal information that you collect?
Under the law of some countries, you have the right to:
- Access the personal information that you provide us and that we maintain;
- Correct, update or delete that personal information that we no longer have business reasons for retaining;
- Restrict processing while we review any concerns you may have over the accuracy of the personal information we maintain;
- Object to
- Data processing based upon legitimate interests,
- Data processing for research or statistics,
- Direct marketing, and
- Decisions based exclusively on automated processing, such as profiling, so long as the decision does not impact our ability to enter or perform our contract services for you or is not based on your explicit consent;
- Withdraw your consent in instances where we must have your consent to contact you; and;
- Transfer, or port, your personal information that you provided us in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
To review, correct, delete or otherwise modify this information, or to remove your email address from our marketing database, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or otherwise review the “Contacting Us” section below. Requests to access, change, or delete your information will be addressed within a reasonable timeframe and in all cases within 30 days.
To protect customer privacy and security, we reserve the right to take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to granting access to or processing changes or corrections to such information.
Please note that we need to retain certain information about you for legal and internal business reasons, such as fraud prevention. We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you the services you have requested and as needed to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our agreements.
What if I have a dispute about how you handle my personal information?
If you are an E.U. resident and you have a dispute about how we are handling your personal information, you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority to enforce your rights. You can contact LimeLight’s lead supervisory at:
Will you market products or services to me?
Lime Light and companies we hire to help us market our web pages and services on our behalf may use your information to provide you with information and offers related to our services. You may decline to receive these offers by contacting us.
You may also opt out of receiving future promotional/marketing messages from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found in the footer of our email messages. Please note that if you opt out of promotional/marketing messages, you may continue to receive certain communications from us, such as administrative and services announcements and/or messages about your account/profile.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our websites who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at the following address:
Lime Light CRM, Inc. – California Privacy Rights
89 DeBoom Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
California Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. For information about Do Not Track, please visit: www.allaboutdnt.org.
If our information practices change at some time in the future we will post the changes to our Privacy Statement web page to notify you of these changes. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
- Legal/Privacy Compliance
- Address: Lime Light CRM, 89 De Boom St, San Francisco, CA 94107
- Phone: 1-800-455-9645
- E-mail: email@example.com
© 2018 Lime Light CRM, Inc.