See google doc for updated post Big Data is all the rage these days. A quick google search of ”
Big Data is all the rage these days. A quick google search of “affiliate marketing & big data 2017” brings up over 5M results.
From X to X – and from our personal live to business to politics we are swirling in a sea of data. As Michael Levanduski explained on PaceDM , a recent report from the Economist stated that data is now the most precious valuable resource in the world. As with all things – particularly data – more is not necessarily better. The true value of this precious resource resides in your ability to extract insights and act on them to grow your business.
- Insights into What Works and What Doesn’t
- Discovery of Previously Ignored Markets
- Accurate Evaluation of the Value of a Partnership
- More Attractive Affiliate Program= Easier Affiliate Recruitment
Top Rated Digital Marketing Trends of 2017 according to SmartInsights:
In their report, they discuss that marketing automation has been in the Top 3 for the last 5 years.
Analytics – business intelligence – understand your analytics before you get mystified.
Makes you smarter about your data so you can have smarter conversations with your affiliates.
– in order to do it properly –
Identify channel [campaign] and vertical [product] that campaigns fall under – run report on those markers – start to see trends – over multiple campaigns. If you have higher chargeback rate for one vs the other – is price point too high? is the offer a bit unrealistic?
AFI and SID – also want to know what the affiliate is doing. Is affiliate doing email? Link, Display
Campaign Analytics: Aggregating affiliates – multiple campaigns
Affiliate Quality – Talk to your affiliates about the quality – what’s going on? Separate into links so I can see it and
Early indicators vs late indicators: in-trial cancellation rate higher than 15.6% – we know that source of traffic is a problem. On day zero .8% – an indicator that
- in-trial cancellation rate higher than 15.6% – we know that source of traffic is a problem. On day zero .8% – an indicator that have a problem. 1-4 days anything higher than .3% – investigate further.
- Fraud percent – from third party plug-ins
- Chargeback rate
- Rebill rate:Rebill rate – what percentage of your customers are you rebilling at high rate [more than 68.8% across $3B of transactions]
- Refund rate
Text book says large data sets – data analyzed to figure out patterns]
Big Data is not just transactional not just campaign its bringing in data from multiple sources [like google api data]
BD allows you to look
Dont be mystified by bog data – shiny object. Reality is most marketers dont understand the basic concepts of attribution, quality enough to even overlay the intelligence learned from big data.
How does this impact you?